There are super easy to make and quite yummy! Great to place out at a gathering or just to snack on yourself! Also, these crescent roll pinwheels are super.l versatile- it’s easy peasy to switch up the ingredients and come up with great snacks!
Prep: 10-15 minutes | Cook time: 10-12 minutes
- 1 can flaked ham (I prefer Maple Leaf)
- Pillsbury crescent rolls
- Softened cream cheese, about two tablespoons (I used the spreadable stuff, so it’s easier to mix)
- Half a cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, parsley
- Two tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Open crescent roll dough, separate into 4 sections; 2 triangles per section.
- Pinch seams together to make them into a rectangle, and flatten a little with your fingers (or use a rolling pin or glass if you’d prefer
- In a bowl, mix together flakes of ham, shredded cheese and cream cheese until completely blended and has a thick texture.
- In smaller bowl melt the butter
- Spread a thin layer of ham mixture on crescent rolls
- Take one (smaller) end of your crescent rolls and roll it into a log shape (do this to all 4 sections)
- Cut them up into roughly 1″ slices and place about 1″ apart on an ungreased baking tray
- With a BBQ brush, spread your melted butter onto each slice
- Sprinkle salt, pepper & parsley onto your slices
- Bake in the oven for roughly 10-12 minutes or until golden.
Personally, I like to add a little more butter when I take them out of the oven, but they’re just fine without!
Note: I find they tasted much better if eaten when they’re warm, but they’re delish either way!
If you’re not into the whole canned ham and cream cheese thang, try swapping it out for some sliced cheese and deli meats! 👌